So last week I begged for a meme – – any meme – – to help me get through my super-duper-allyooper big busy remodeling week, and TLC – -my chocolate-lovin’ bloggin’ buddy over at Send Chocolate – – came through for me. She tagged me with the task of sharing seven random facts about myself.
So for you, my lovin’ groupies, I’ll do just that. (Actually I’m just way too exhausted after this week’s project to come up with anything else tonight.)
Here goes nuffin…
- I collect antique school books. I mean the REALLY old ones that came just after the chalk and slate. They are SO cool! And you haven’t lived until you have read a school health textbook from 1895. Leeches, anyone?
- I have to have the last word on things. Unfortunately, my eldest son inherited the trait, which means that arguments with us can go on for days. You think I’m kidding?? I’m not EVEN kidding. Days! And even when it’s “over” he and I are still muttering our last words under our breath as we go off to lick our battle wounds. (And Twittering is becoming an equally difficult problem. STOP RESPONDING TO ME PEOPLE!! Don’t you understand that I need to be the last one tweeting??!!)
- I’m a neglectful parent – – of my plants. I have two peace lilies that I have killed and brought back to life almost thirty times because of dehydration. I simply cannot remember to water the poor things.
- I have a weird fascination with near death experiences. I read everything I can about them. I have never died or been near death so far as I know, but yet I can’t get enough of the NDE’s. Anybody wanna share?
- My wardrobe looks like I shop at my local senior center. I have no reasoning for why I tend to dress
like a seventy year old Florida retiree, but my closet is basically a Golden Girls version of Garanimals. When I accidentally buy something from the JCPenney juniors department, my hubby gets so turned on I have to beat him off with a stick (ok – – walking cane – – whatever)
- Everybody has weird useless talents, right? Well mine is for song lyrics. I can sing along to every song on the radio if I have heard it at least three times. This holds true for every genre and era of music. If I’ve heard it, I can sing along with it. I would estimate that I know approximately a thousand songs from beginning to end. (Wanna take one guess as to how I used to study for tests?) One important exception to this gift of mine – – rap music. Can’t repeat even one line. It HAS to have a melody for me to remember it.
- I have never watched even one episode of Desperate Housewives. There. I’ve said it. It’s out in the open, and I feel strangely free. Cleansed even. God, the things I will admit to random faceless strangers!!
So let’s hear your most random factoid in the comments section, folks!