It’s New Years, and I am feeling random. So let’s throw momma under the train and rabbit chase for a minute.
- ~~Have you checked out my blogroll lately? I’ve made some changes as my feed reader has updated, and you might just find that one of my new favorites is your new favorite as well! How ’bout giving my new bloggy buddies some love, k?
- ~~Found an awesome post over at MakeUseOf (my absolute fave website of ’08). It is called 10+ Web Tools To Save Your Butt In School and granted, we aren’t having to save our butt in school, or anywhere else, but I thought some of these were pretty dang good tools for high school college level students
- ~~Webinars…do you attend? Sure. Some of them are just another online waste of time, but I have found some incredible information that I could implement into our day to day homeschooling at the better ones. One of my all-time favorite webinar series is Discovery Education’s series. Just go here to view their upcoming offerings, sign up for one, and then be sure and add it to your calendar so you don’t forget to attend. For purely homeschool-related info, keep a check on the Homeschool Connections calendar for upcoming webinars.
- ~~Just saw “The Great Debaters” last night and it was a compelling, if somewhat contrived script. I am always drawn into those “based on a true story” kind of films, and if nothing else, this one will get you and your kids talking, so I give it a recommendation as a family watch for ages say – – 12 and up.
- ~~You know how much I love cool tools and sites, so here is one you may or may not already know about, but that I had missed somehow and was quite psyched to learn about: Invisible-Auctions.com. Did you know that a lot of auctions on ebay are overlooked because a word in the title listing is mispelled? Those auctions can end at far lower final bids because they can’t be located via the normal search methods. This site lets you type in the item you are looking for and searches for all the different variations of misspellings that might occur for it, and …voila! You’ve tricked the system!
So for my final randomness, why not enjoy this pic of our dog Squat on New Year’s Eve? If this one doesn’t make you go “ahhww”, then you need to head to the doc for a psych tune-up!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!
Filed under: dogs, education, family life, Holidays and Special Events, humor, internet, movies, photos, Random, technology | Tagged: Discovery Education, dogs, Ebay, New Year's, The Debaters, webinars |